The Software Engineering and Internet Technologies Laboratory (SEIT) lab is part of the Computer Science Department of the University of Cyprus. The lab focuses its research activities on two important areas of Information Technology, namely Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. In the first area, SEIT focuses on Cloud Computing, Service Oriented Architectures, Context-Aware Middleware Platforms and Smart and Mobile Computing for the development of pervasive, self-adaptive applications and Smart IoT services. In the second area, the Laboratory concentrates on the development of ICT-enabled Environments, platforms and tools for implementing Health monitoring and support services, Smart and Personalised services for Elders, Assistive Technologies for people with disabilities and Creativity services. The lab also pursues activities related to Technology Enhanced Learning, E-Business, E-Government and developing environments for elders' social inclusion, active ageing and independent living. Finally, the lab's research is also related to Creativity, Recommender Systems and Crowd Sourcing.
- [EXPIRED] Vacant position for Special Scientist (in Technology Enhanced Learning - 1 year contract)
- Vacant part-time position for Research Assistant (in Web engineering for the CEF Telecom Safer Internet CyberSafety project - 1 year contract), SEIT, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Cyprus. Download application here. Application deadline is the 27th of January 2017.
- Download the lab leaflet for H2020
- Download the lab leaflet for Erasmus+
- The SEIT Lab is involved in the HORIZON 2020 Research Project "SCIChallenge" - a new European project for young people - which invites all students of public and private schools in Cyprus to participate in the Online STEM Contest of SciChallenge between the 1st of January and 30th of April 2017. For more information download the SCIChallenge Promotional Material here: En, Gr
- Digital Championship 2015-2016 - 3rd Award Student Entrepreneurship - To Marios Komodromos (MSc Student at SEIT) for his project DangerAwareness - Awards Ceremony and Award Ceremony Photo.
- SEIT lab has received the best paper award in the 14th International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR 2015) for the paper "Open Source License Violation Check for SPDX Files"!
- SEIT lab Connected Vitality Network (CVN) EU project was selected as 1 of the 9 success stories for AAL projects across all calls. The 3-year project funded by AAL (AMBIENT ASSISTED LIVING) turned out to be a highly inspirational process which led to the successful development of YoooM and YooM-tablet devices and platforms - See more at: AAL Success Stories.
- SEIT lab Prosperity4All EU project was mentioned in two of the major Cyprus news portals (Sigmalive, Dialogos), as well as other news and education websites (Onlycy, Paideia-news) and the website of the non-profit organisation for people with disabilities (Eoty)
- In the context of InnoFun, the Innovation Funding Website is now available.
- The EC funded project INNEON is organising the first INNEON ECO-INNOVATION AWARDS COMPETITION in Cyprus: Cyprus INNEON Awards Invitation, INNEON Leaflet & Flyer, INNEON Eco-Innovation Awards Guidelines and INNEON Eco-Innovation Awards Application Form
- The SEIT lab is organizing the following conferences:
The 5th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics WIMS 2015
The 24th IEEE International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises WETICE 2015
IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing UCC 2015
The 14th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing ISPDC 2015
The Twentieth IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications ISCC 2015
The Ninth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context CONTEXT 2015