The University of Cyprus announces that it will be accepting applications for the following postgraduate programmes beginning in September 2011, until April 15th 2011.
Forty five (45) places are available for the postgraduate programme which leads to obtaining a Master's or a PhD degree. The places are distributed as follows:
- Ten (10) places for the Master’s programme in Computer Science (MCS). The course is designed primarily for Computer Science and other science-related graduates who seek to develop research skills and enhance their knowledge in advanced areas of Computer Science. Students who attend this program may pursue a PhD degree after their graduation.
- Eight (8) places for the Master’s programme in Internet Computing (MIC). The course is designed primarily for Computer Science and other science-related graduates who seek to deepen their knowledge on subjects like Computer Networks, Distributed Systems, and the Internet, to develop research skills in these subjects and potentially, pursue a doctoral degree after their graduation.
- Seven (7) places for the Master’s programme in Intelligent Systems (MIntS). The course is designed for Computer Science and other science-related graduates who seek to deepen their knowledge in areas like Artificial Intelligence and Computational and Data Mining Systems, and to develop research skills in these subjects and potentially follow doctoral studies after their graduation.
- Ten (10) places for the Professional Master’s programme in Advanced Information Technologies (PM). The aim of the Professional Master in Advanced Information Technologies is to help Information Technology Professionals to extend and update their knowledge in Advanced Computer Technologies and to acquire up-to-date know-how in subjects related to the national Information Technology industry like Software Engineering, the Internet and Intelligent Systems.
- Ten (10) places are available at the PhD level. The main research interests of the Department’s staff are: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Architecture, Computers Networks, Databases, Digital Signal and Image Processing, Distributed and Parallel Computing, Graphics and Virtual Reality, Grid Computing, Internet Technologies, Mobile Computing, Multimedia, Software Engineering, Theoretical Computer Science.
Further information for the Department’s research activities can be obtained from the Department’s website http://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/
The minimum qualifications required in order to apply, are a recognized University Degree in Computer Science or in a related field from an accredited Institution with an overall grade of “Very Good.” The selection process will consider the academic standing and achievement of the candidate, especially for the courses related to Computer Science, reference letters, and any professional or personal interview should this be deemed necessary.
Further information for the submission of applications and the tuition fees can be found here.
For further information (and application forms), please contact the Department's Secretary:
Tel: 22 892700,
Fax: 22 892701