UCY's research work in WP2 focuses on the area of Information and Knowledge Management. During the first six months period, we investigated the "Semantic Modelling and Semantic Representation" and developed metadata schemas for representing Grid resource information. In particular, we contributed to:
The preparation and editing of the WP2 Roadmap.
Surveying Semantic Web technologies for representing Grid resources, entities and their relationships.
Proposing an RDF/S based solution for representing Grid resources and the corresponding RDF schema.
The design of an RDF-based Grid Resource Information Service system for information management and knowledge-based applications.
The study of domain specific Ontologies, using OWL ontology language, Description language, and Ontology tools.
- "Information Dissemination in Mobile Content Distribution Networks." N. Loulloudes, G. Pallis and M. D. Dikaiakos, in Content Delivery Networks: Principles and Paradigms, Springer (invited book chapter), 2008
- "Multi-set DHT for interval queries on dynamic data." Georges DaCosta, Salvator Orlando, Marios D. Dikaiakos. First International Conference on Data Management in Grid and P2P Systems (Globe 2008).
- "Location-aware Services over Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks using Car-to-Car Communication." M. D. Dikaiakos, A. Florides, T. Nadeem, L. Iftode. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 25, Issue 8, pp 1590-1602, Oct. 2007.
- "Using Desktop Grids to Securely Store e-Health Data." Jesus Luna, Manolis Marazakis and Marios D. Dikaiakos. In ERCIM News 74.
- "Intensive Care Window: A multi-modal, grid infrastructure related monitoring tool for Intensive Care Clinical Practice." T. Kyprianou, G. Panayi, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, M. D. Dikaiakos, Intensive Care Medicine Journal, Abstracts of the 20th ESICM Annual Congress Berlin, Germany, Abstract 0173, Volume 33, Supplement 2, Springer 2007 (September).
- "Information Quality Evaluation for Grid Information Services." W. Xing, O. Corcho, C. Goble, and M. D. Dikaiakos . In Towards Next Generation Grids. Proceedings of the CoreGRID Symposium 2007. Priol and Vanneschi (eds). Rennes, France, August 26-27, 2007, Springer, pp.165-174.
- "A Control Theoretical Approach To Self-optimizing Block Transfer in Web Service Grids." T. Gounaris, C. Yfoulis, R. Sakellariou and M. D. Dikaiakos, ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, Vol. 3, No. 2, ACM, pp. 1-30, 2008.
- "Data Privacy Considerations in Intensive Care Grids." Jesus Luna, Marios D. Dikaiakos, Theodoros Kyprianou, Angelos Bilas and Manolis Marazakis, 2008 HealthGrid Conference, Global HealthGrid: eScience Meets Biomedical Informatics, June 2008.
- "Robust runtime optimization of data transfer in queries over Web Services." A. Gounaris, C. Yfoulis, R.Sakellariou and M. D. Dikaiakos, 2008 Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2008), April 7-12, 2008, Cancún, México, pp. 596-605, IEEE 2008.
- "Grid Metadata Lifetime Control in ActOn." Wei Xing, Rizos Sakellariou, Oscar Corcho, Carole Coble and Marios D. Dikaiakos. Integrated Research in Grid Computing. Proceedings of the CoreGRID Integration Workshop, April 2-4 2008, S. Gorlatch, P. Fragopoulou (eds.), Crete University Press, pp 517-530.
- "Self-optimizing Block Transfer in Web Service Grids."A. Gounaris, C. Yfoulis, R. Sakellariou and M. Dikaiakos, Proceedings of the 9th annual ACM international workshop on Web information and data management, ACM, pp. 49-56, November 2007.
- "Nine months in the life of EGEE: a look from the South." G. DaCosta, M. D. Dikaiakos, S. Orlando, 15th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2007), October 24-26, 2007, Istanbul, Turkey.
- An ActOn-based Semantic Information Service for EGEE." W. Xing, O. Corcho, C. Coble and M. D. Dikaiakos, Proceedings of the 8th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid2007), pp 81-88, IEEE Computer Society