Launched in May 2005, Healthware is an integrated project of the "Aeronautics and Space" thematic priority of the 6th Framework Program (FP6), under the "End-to-end satellite telecommunications systems for telemedicine applications" topic. The project will favor three themes in four preferential applicative domains(Services at home, Medical training, Second opinion, Teleconsultation).
The Healthware project gathers 19 partners.Their role is to organise and participate to initiatives that aim to:
- Services at home stands for patients monitoring and remote assistance(in isolated areas, recovery houses, islands, ...).
- Medical training stands for dissemination of medical knowledge towards medical staffs, nurses, auxiliary nursing staff.
- Second opinion stands for interactive video-communication between medical experts, specialists, doctors, ... sharing documents(medical exams, images, reports, ...).
- Teleconsultation stands for interactive video-communication between patient and doctor.
- build a modular and standards based platform,
- provide a set of network modules, management modules, generic application modules and specific application modules,
- implement QoS mechanism to improve services performance and sustainability,
- achieve satellite solutions interoperability and transparent users interconnection.
Healthware brochure (pdf)
HEALTHWARE project's leaflet (pdf)